Hakka Yong tau foo (stuffed tofu) 客家酿豆腐 is a signature food of Hakka peoples at Sabah. Me and my mother in law woke up early to buy the freshest tofu and pork🐖, minced the pork and stuffing of the tofu with minced pork.
Lots of work but happy to keep the tradition alive and taste the original Hakka Yong tau foo
Here are the Recipe for Hakka Yong Tao Foo (Serve 10 peoples)
– 10 fried/white Tofu from Kota Kinabalu central Market or Lido Market
for the stuffings:
– 500gm minced pork belly ( A bit of fats make the stuffing more tasty)
– 1 x 2-inch pieces Salted fish/ 100 gm prawn
– 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
For the sauce:
– 3 tablespoons tauchu
– 5 cloves garlic, minced finely
– shallots, minced finely
– corn flour
– 500 ml water
– 1 teaspoon soy sauce
1. Using a chopping board, mix and chop the ingredients for the stuffings.
2. Cut the tofu into half. poke a hole on the tofu and stuff the minced meat
3. Arrange the tofu into a pot.
4. prepare the sauce on a pan. Pour the sauce into the pot and cook it with low heat till the meat is cooked
Latest posts by Joanne Lee (see all)
- Oitom Kota Kinabalu – Open Kitchen Fine Dining Restaurant - October 29, 2019
- Pound – Modern Casual All Day Dining Restaurant & Bar at Jesselton Mall - October 26, 2019
- Best Hotel Buffet in Kota Kinabalu 2019 For Foodies - October 22, 2019