Sabaheats halloween party ideas, with material source from Pick N Pay
Find the right size pumpkin, carve out the shape of the eye and mouth. Scrap out the flesh. The pumpkin flesh can be used to make pumpkin soup, dessert and dip sauce (don waste it!)
Carve using a sharp knife.
The hard part is done. Now prepare the dipping sauce for the nachos/chachos
There are 2 sauce in this presentation.
Pumpkin Nacho Dip (top)
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- pumpkin flesh
- ¼ tsp salt
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Add the green pepper and onion. Cook for 3 minutes until tender.
- Stir in pumpkin,, and salt. Cook over low heat for approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
White Queso Dip (Bottom Dip)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 4 oz sharp white cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large red bell pepper
- Grate cheeses on the large grater and set aside. Dice bell pepper and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pot, over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in flour until smooth.
- Pour in heavy cream while whisking.
- Press garlic and add it to the pot. Add all diced peppers.
- Start adding cheeses to the pot, while slowly whisking. Continue stirring with the whisk until cheese is all melted and smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve right away.
Fun and tasty chachos dip halloween party idea