Lihing, Sabah’s very own rice wine is an important drinks for Sabahan. For KadazanDusun, Lihing, accompany every celebrations and rites. Lihing is an integral part of the lives of Sabah’s ethnic groups.
The process to make lihing is same as making Tapai. Lihing is made using sticky rice (Glutinous rice) because sticky rice produce more water.
Two important ingredients for making Lihing: Glutinous rice and Sasad (Yeast)
Steps to make Lihing:
- boil the sticky rice
- Spread out the rice and wait till it cool down
- Mix in the Sasad (yeast), Mix Well and make sure all the rice is coated with the yeast powder.
- Put the rice into a jar and cover it.
- Wait for 3 months and you will get Lihing.
Subscribe to Sabaheats Youtube for more videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/sabaheats
WIth the lihing, you can cook Sabah Rice Wine Chicken.
Follow Sabaheats on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/sabaheats/ for updates everyday!
Latest posts by Joanne Lee (see all)
- Sunset BBQ and Easy Breeze Sunday brunch by the the beach at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa - July 26, 2020
- Gayana Marine Resort weekend Staycation from RM550 per room till 31 October - July 21, 2020
- MAGGI® Celebrates Truly Malaysian Flavours with the launch of MAGGI® Mi Goreng Sambal Tumis Bilis and Mi Goreng Cili ala Kampung - July 10, 2020