Many East Malaysian longing for the day when Ikea will open their store in Sabah or Sarawak. Ikea, the Sweden-based furniture retailer currently has 3 stores around Malaysia at Damansara, Cheras and Tebrau. For East Malaysian, getting furniture from Ikea is troublesome, either through the agent or they need to arrange their own forwarder. It seems that getting
IKEA revealed last year that they were planning to launch their e-commerce store in Malaysia in 2018 and it appears that we can now do online shopping at Ikea Malaysia Website https://www.ikea.com/my/en/ .
The online shopping option only available on the website at the moment and not available on the Ikea Malaysia Apps. Not all items are available online. You will see the “Buy Online” button if the items is available online.
Delivery to East Malaysia (Sabah and Sarawak)
Truck Delivery to your home/office
After select the items, you can check the items in the shopping cart. The delivery charge direct to your home in Sabah or Sarawak is RM675 per order. Truck delivery only available in Kuching, Miri and Kota Kinabalu. You can only choose the Assembly option if you choose the truck delivery option.
Click and Collect
You can also choose the Click and Collect option which you need to drive to the collection center and collect the items yourself.
The Click & Collection includes shipment to East Malaysia, you can pick up your purchase from the nearest Click & Collection point:
1) Kuching Click & Collection – Hexagon High Transport, 922, Jalan Demak Laut 3, Kuching, Sarawak
2) Miri Click & Collection – Sino Eastern, Lot 1754, Jalan Bypass Eastwood Valley, East Wood Industrial Estate, Miri, Sarawak
3) Kota Kinabalu Click & Collection – Fei Yang Logistics, Lot 71, 51/2 miles, Jalan Kilang, Sedoc Industrial Estate, Kollombong, Inanam, 88450, Sabah.
Shipping charges based on per order
The shipping charges either using the Truck delivery and Click and Option is based on per order. You will need to plan your shopping as it doesn’t make sense to use the delivery service by Ikea if you only making a purchase of only a few items or low value.
The delivery takes approximately 3-4 weeks.
Only Credit card/Debit card payments are accepted at the time being. Installment option is not available for online shopping.
Shopping at Ikea store is fun but you have to set an entire day to get the shopping done and For East Malaysian, we have to arrange a trip to West Malaysia just to get the furniture we want. which is why the online IKEA shopping is such a godsend. The delivery charges may be the biggest stumbling block but you get to collect IKEA point on your purchases and get the IKEA furniture you always wanted through the website. No more liaising with the agent and calls to make sure they get the items you wanted.
My previous shopping at IKEA is done physically and I arranged with the forwarder to deliver it to my house in Kota Kinabalu which took a lot of coordination and time. With IKEA online shopping, I may plan my IKEA Shopping better in the future so I can get the convenience of online shopping and make the delivery charge worth paying.
Latest posts by Joanne Lee (see all)
- Discovering the Vibrant Culture and Dynamic Energy of Jakarta: A Journey through Indonesia’s Capital City #enjoyJakarta - March 15, 2023
- Ramadan 2023: where to go for Buka Puasa dinner in Kota Kinabalu - March 10, 2023
- Ayam Brand Introduces Three Authentic, Time-Saving & Tasty Thai Curry Pastes for Your Convenience - August 23, 2022