Donggongon Town is located within the district of Penampang and is considered a part of Greater Kota Kinabalu. It is located about 15 kilometres from Kota Kinabalu, connected to Tambunan district through Donggongon – Tambunan Road. Alongside Donggongon – Tambunan road starting from Donggongon Town, expect to find authentic local food with influences by different races living together in the area.
1) Georgina decide to name it as Mee Sup Pipin as remembrance for her late Grandfather, Anthony Pipin. She learned the recipe from her late grandfather and though it was appropriate to name it after her grandfather. Since then, Mee Sup Pipin has become one of the most popular eateries in Donggongon. People come from all over Kota Kinabalu to savor this tasty noodle.
2)Hinava Sada is made using freshly selected fresh fillet marinated in lime juice, shallots, ginger, sliced chillies and grated wild mango seeds
3) Pork bone soup that’s made by boiling down pork bones for several hours until the broth becomes rich and creamy Pork bone soup that’s made by boiling down pork bones for several hours until the broth becomes rich and creamy
4) salted fish fried with tuhau (a local wild ginger). The special and strong smell of tuhau will leave a strong impression on your taste buds.
5) Hakka Steamed Pork Belly with Yam客家芋头扣肉 is deep-fried and sliced thickly, then alternately “sandwiched” with deep-fried yam slices in steaming bowl and steamed over long hours..
MEE SUP PIPIN
Location: Kg.Tomposik Inobong 89500, Penampang Sabah.
GPS Location: 5.9082674N 116.1322582E
Businesss Hours: 6:00am-3:00pm
Operation：Monday -Sunday Contact : Georgina Pipin
6) Kedai Makan Fui Lau serves fresh and delicious fish noodles with 2 soup bases, Asam Pedas and salted vegetable. There was enough asam flavor in the fish head dish, but the freshness of the fish was still very apparent. It has a very strong beef flavor and it’s quite spicy. Limited fish is available so be early.
KEDAI KOPI FUI LAU
Location: Lot 8, Block E, Ground Floor, Donggongon Township
GPS Location: 5.9118212N 116.1027753E
Opening hours: 6.30am to 1.30pm
7) Loi Hin has been making one of the best Ngiu Chap for over 40 years. Ngiu Chap literally means “Mixed Beef”, which is a mix of beef and its organs.
KEDAI MAKAN LOI HIN
Location: Block H, Lot 8, Ground Floor, Donggongon New Township, Penampang
GPS Location: 5.9121306N 116.1039555E
Phone No.: +60 88-712136
Opening hours: 7am to 3pm
Latest posts by Joanne Lee (see all)
- 4 Reasons why you should Assemble your way to Artbox Malaysia 2019 - August 28, 2019
- Rooftop Bar @ Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu - August 18, 2019
- Dining – Seafood buffet and Longest Weekend High-Tea Buffet Hilton Kota Kinabalu - August 16, 2019