The first Sandakan Food Festival (SFF), themed Oceans, Land and Forests, will serve a culinary selection that is uniquely Sandakan, and Sabahan.; gathering traditions from Chinese, Malay, Kadazan-Dusun, and more ethnic styles of cooking.
The festival will be spread over 8 days, from the 26th AUGUST to 2nd SEPTEMBER, spread over the Merdeka holidays, and attract both local visitors from throughout Sabah as well as international food experts.
The festival is organized by Sandakan Tourism Association (STAN) with the support of Sandakan Good Food Club (comprising of a mixed bunch of Sandakan food enthusiasts) as a community-driven, not-for-profit effort to promote the town of Sandakan. Also involved are Kementerian Pelancongan, Kebudayan dan Alam Sekitar, Sabah Tourism Board, Majlis Perbandaran Sandakan, and community leaders of Sandakan.
The core objectives of SFF are:
1. To bring together culinary stakeholders from all sectors together for a collective showcase event.
2. To use the festival platform to invite and introduce our varied cuisines to an international audience & media in attendance.
3. To encourage the local communities to rediscover their food heritage and to develop pride in its diversity.
4. To take the opportunity to catalog the breadth of food & produce choices available in Sabah, in a comprehensive manner.
The festival village location will be at Bandar Kim Fung, isat the open carpark next to YuYuan school.
SFF is now calling for all Sandakan (first priority) and Sabah (wider priority) food industry people producing uniquely local cuisine and creations, to participate and make this a culinary showcase for Sandakan this 2017.
SFF will be seeking F&B industry vendors from full restaurants to street food stalls, with relevant licenses.
The Registration process will be by personal application via forms, followed by committee selection, as there are limited space and already strong demand. The SFF committee reserve the rights to select based on the key criteria of authenticity/uniqeness of the cuisine, reputation of F&B outlet and other points.
Rental of the spaces will be split into Block A – 4day (26th – 29th AUG) and Block B – 3 days blocks (31st AUG – 2nd SEPT), with the option of renting for the full 8 days also available. (The 30th AUG is a changeover day.) Prices will start from RM120 for a 5′ x 10′ space.
SFF is projecting audience numbers of over 500 on weekdays and 1000 to 1500 persons on the weekends & public holiday.
SFF engagement & registration sessions (for interested F&B participants) :-
SATURDAY 27th MAY, WEDNESDAY 31st MAY
SAT 3rd JUNE, WED 7th JUNE
SAT 10th JUNE, WED 14th JUNE
9-11am @ Tourist Information Centre, at San Da Gen Kopitiam, beneath NAK hotel
For further information on rental and vendor matters, please contact us via the following channels:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: Anton Ngui + 6 012 20701044, CK Teo +6 014 3575908
Latest posts by Joanne Lee (see all)
- Original Cake Malaysia opens its first outlet in East Malaysia at Suria Sabah - December 10, 2017
- Eat, Drink & Merry! Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day meals around Kota Kinabalu - December 4, 2017
- Sabah Tourism Awards 2017 – A Tribute to excellence - December 4, 2017